As your childbirth educator, I will help educate and prepare you for the birth process so that you will be confident in your ability to navigate your unique path towards birth.
Bradley classes train couples who want to be as educated as possible about the birth process.
The Bradley Method® is a childbirth preparation method that teaches you about pregnancy, nutrition and exercise, the normal progression of pregnancy and birth, effective pain management techniques, pros and cons of medical interventions, the benefits of breastfeeding and how to be a knowledgeable and integral part of the whole process.
Your partner plays an active role in both the pregnancy and labor. You will work together over the course of the classes to become informed consumers and face your labor with eager anticipation and joy instead of fear and anxiety.
My Bradley Method® Classes feature:
- Small groups, typically six to eight couples, to maximize individual attention
- Consumer orientation, educating couples on their options and choices in childbirth
- Techniques of relaxation and abdominal breathing, and tuning into your body’s needs and signals
- Importance of nutrition and what to avoid during pregnancy
- Normalcy and safety of natural childbirth for both mother and baby
- Information on breastfeeding and baby care
- Reunion class approximately 2-3 weeks after last baby in the class is born
My Round Rock/North Austin Bradley childbirth classes fill up quickly so I encourage you to sign up early (in your 5th -6th month) to be sure you have time to finish the whole series.
My currently scheduled Bradley® classes are listed below:
August 16 – October 25; Sundays, 7:00-9:30pm (now open for registration)
October 7 – December 16; Wednesdays, 7:00-9:30pm (now open for registration)
I understand that these schedules may not work for some people so I also offer the option of private classes. These will be catered to the two of you and what you want to learn. Please contact me to discuss in more detail.
Bradley Refresher Class
Are you welcoming another child and would like a refresher class? We understand that it is more difficult to attend a childbirth series the 2nd (or 3rd) time around.
We offer a 3 hour refresher class that is ideal for parents who have given birth previously. We will review labor, comfort measures and what might be different this time. Typically the class is offered once a quarter at a fee of $75.
Please check the calendar for the next scheduled Bradley refresher class.